Attaching the Unit
Leg Strap Liner
Align the two holes with the two press studs on the leg strap (if included).
Carbon Rubber Pads
Fix to the leg strap using the press studs, this will also secure the leg strap liner. Carbon rubber pads should be wiped clean with warm water after each use.
Apply a small amount to the carbon rubber pads, the Conductive Gel ensures good electrical connectivity with the skin. The conductive gel complies with all equine and veterinary regulations, is propylene glycol free and water-soluble.
Do not use any other gel in conjunction with the ArcEquine. Even some perceived to be safe, medical grade conductive gels can contain propylene glycol, which is a component ingredient of anti-freeze and may react with the skin.
Once the liner and pads have been attached to the leg strap, insert the Delivery Unit into the strap’s pouch and ensure that the electrical lead is inserted fully into the bottom of the delivery unit. Attach the leg strap with the delivery unit to the outside of the cannon bone, making sure to rotate the strap between healthy legs each day. There is no need to over-tighten the strap, the carbon rubber pads are very sensitive and no significant pressure is required to maintain connectivity. To protect the unit whilst on your horses leg, we advise wrapping with a soft stable bandage.
Never strap to an injured leg and always rotate the device between healthy legs each 3 hour treatment cycle.
We always recommend that you first run through the following 6-week cycle in order to help the body maximise ATP production. Once the initial 6-week cycle finishes you should use programme 4 (maintenance) for a minimum of two days a month, or you can select the individual programme that best suits your horse’s condition (please see below for a description of what each programme is addressing). If there is an injury, use ArcEquine every day on the most appropriate programme.
Every few months, we recommend running through the 6-week cycle again in order to maintain optimum results.
Each programme lasts for 3 hours. You can’t overuse an ArcEquine, but you must rotate the device between healthy legs after each treatment to avoid it always being attached to the same place.
Selecting a Programme
- On/Off button – hold for 3 seconds to turn on or to turn off.
- All four indicator lights will very quickly flash green, then red to indicate that your ArcEquine device is functioning correctly.
- Indicator lights will then flash green corresponding with current battery charge; 1 light = 25%, 2 = 50%, 3 = 75%, 4 = 100%
- After 3 seconds all of the lights will go out. Immediately after this, a red light will indicate which programme was last used; 1st light = P1, 2nd = P2, 3rd = P3, 4th = P4.
- Press the left (On/Off) button quickly to skip through and select the desired programme, from P1 to P4.
- Press the right play button to activate the selected programme. The unit will beep on activation of the selected programme.
- Once activated, the right play button will turn either green (connected) or red (not connected).
- The delivery unit will beep again after 3 hours to indicate that the selected programme has finished.
When you receive your new Delivery Unit, please ensure it is fully charged before use. One 4-5 hour charge can give up to 30 hours of use, enough for roughly 10 delivery cycles.
Insert the charger lead into the base of your ArcEquine delivery unit and plug into a plug socket. The device will beep twice indicating that it is charging.
The level of battery charge is indicated by the corresponding number of flashing green lights: 1 light = 25%, 2 = 50%, 3 = 75%, 4 = 100% battery charge. Once all of the lights have gone out the delivery unit is fully charged.
Please ensure that you only use the charger supplied with your complete kit. Using other unapproved chargers may damage your delivery unit and will invalidate the limited warranty. Replacement chargers are available to purchase from the online shop should you misplace or damage the original.
Please do not charge after each use as this can shorten battery life, instead run down the battery down between charges.
The ArcEquine utilises a lithium ion battery and must be charged on a regular basis in order to maintain optimal battery life and condition. Avoid long periods without using or recharging the device.
Right activation button showing red
This indicates a loss of connectivity.
Please check that:
- The electrical lead from the leg strap is still attached to the bottom of the delivery unit.
- The carbon rubber pads have not come loose or fallen off.
- Sufficient conductive gel has been applied to the carbon rubber pads.
Left On/Off button showing red
Lack of charge.
The ArcEquine delivery unit needs charging. Please refer to charging if you are unsure.
ArcEquine keeps switching off
The right activation button was not pressed once a programme was selected. In the unlikely event that the device switches off during use please ensure it is fully charged. If problems persist please get in touch.
Audible beep has gone
ArcEquine’s default setting is to have audible sounds. Please refer to your User Manual for information about turning the audible beep on and off.
If in doubt, please contact our Customer Service team who will be more than happy to advise.
- Do not place or strap the Device near an injury.
- Do not apply any other creams or gels to the carbon rubber pads other than the approved conductive gel we provide.
- The Device is in no way a substitute for your existing veterinary policy and you should always consult a veterinary expert on equine conditions prior to using the Device.
- Like any electrical device, do not use the Device in wet or damp conditions.
- Some horses may, after prolonged use, develop a sensitivity reaction. This can manifest in a ‘rub’ type condition and even localised hair loss or discolouration. Rotate the device each treatment by putting it on a different, healthy leg.
- Device users should stop using the Device and should contact the Manufacturers office if the horse experiences any adverse reactions from the Device.
- Please use the Device only as directed.
- Do not immerse any part of the unit in water.
- Use this Device only with the leads, electrodes and accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Use of other parts or materials not supplied by the manufacturer will invalidate the warranty.
- Keep the Device away from fireplace or radiant heater as the heat may affect the Device.
- Use of microcurrent therapy may cause some dehydration. Please ensure your animal always has access to fresh, clean water when using the Device.