Attaching the Unit
Fix to the arm strap by using the press studs. Please ensure that the conductive pads are placed back onto the Perspex film after use to help prolong their adhesiveness.
Carbon Rubber Pads
Fix to the arm strap by using the press studs. Carbon rubber pads should be wiped clean with warm water after each use.
Apply a small amount to the carbon rubber pads, the Conductive Gel ensures good electrical connectivity with the skin. The conductive gel is propylene glycol free and water-soluble.
Do not use any other gel in conjunction with the Arc4Health. Even some perceived to be safe, medical grade conductive gels can contain propylene glycol, which is a component ingredient of anti-freeze and may react with the skin.
Once the conductive or carbon pads have been attached to the arm strap, insert the Delivery Unit into the strap’s pouch and ensure that the electrical lead is inserted fully into the bottom of the delivery unit. Attach the arm strap with the delivery unit to the upper arm, or lower leg if more comfortable, making sure to rotate the strap between healthy arms or legs each day. There is no need to over-tighten the strap, the conductive pads and carbon rubber pads are very sensitive, and no significant pressure is required to maintain connectivity.
Never strap to an injured arm or leg and always rotate the device between healthy arms or legs each 3-hour treatment cycle.
We always recommend that you first run through the following 6-week cycle in order to help the body maximise ATP production. Once the initial 6-week cycle finishes you should use programme 4 (maintenance) for a minimum of two days a month, or you can select the individual programme that best suits your conditions (please see below for a description of what each programme is addressing). If there is an injury, use Arc4Health every day on the most appropriate programme.
Every few months, we recommend running through the 6-week cycle again in order to maintain optimum results.
As a general rule, the acute phases of pain management and tissue repair are defined as having lasted less than 12 weeks, whilst the chronic phases are older injuries that have lasted more than 12 weeks.
Each programme lasts for 3 hours. You cannot overuse or misuse the Arc4Health, but we would suggest not always attaching to the same place.
Selecting a Programme
- On/Off button – hold for 3 seconds to turn on or to turn off.
- All four indicator lights will very quickly flash green, then amber to indicate that your Arc4Health device is functioning correctly.
- Indicator lights will then flash green corresponding with current battery charge; 1 light = 25%, 2 = 50%, 3 = 75%, 4 = 100%
- After 3 seconds all of the lights will go out. Immediately after this, an amber light will indicate which programme was last used; 1st light = P1, 2nd = P2, 3rd = P3, 4th = P4.
- Press the left (On/Off) button quickly to skip through and select the desired programme, from P1 to P4.
- Press the right play button once to activate the selected programme. The unit will beep on activation of the selected programme.
- Once activated, the right play button will turn either green (connected) or amber (not connected).
- The delivery unit will beep again after 3 hours to indicate that the selected programme has finished.
When you receive your new Delivery Unit, please ensure it is fully charged before use. One 4-5 hour charge can give up to 30 hours of use, enough for roughly 10 delivery cycles.
Insert the charger lead into the base of your Arc4Health delivery unit and plug into a plug socket. The device will beep twice indicating that it is charging.
The level of battery charge is indicated by the corresponding number of flashing green lights: 1 light = 25%, 2 = 50%, 3 = 75%, 4 = 100% battery charge. Once all of the lights have gone out the delivery unit is fully charged.
Please ensure that you only use the charger supplied with your complete kit. Using other unapproved chargers may damage your delivery unit and will invalidate the limited warranty. Replacement chargers are available to purchase from the online shop should you misplace or damage the original.
Please do not charge after each use as this can shorten battery life, instead run down the battery between charges.
The Arc4Health utilises a lithium ion battery, the ARC delivery units need to be charged on a reasonably regular basis in order to maintain optimal battery life and condition. Avoid long periods without using or recharging the device.
Right activation button showing amber
This indicates a loss of connectivity.
Please check that:
- The electrical lead from the arm strap is still attached to the bottom of the delivery unit.
- The conductive pads have not come loose or fallen off.
- The conductive pads have sufficient adhesiveness and have not dried out.
- If using Carbon Rubber pads, sufficient conductive gel has been applied.
Left On/Off button showing amber
Lack of charge.
The Delivery Unit needs charging. Please refer to the charging section above if you are unsure.
Arc4Health keeps switching off
The right activation button was not pressed once a programme was selected. In the unlikely event that the device switches off during use please ensure it is fully charged. If the problem persists then please get in touch.
Audible beep has gone
The Arc4Health’s default setting is to have audible sounds. Please refer to your User Manual for information about turning the audible beep on and off.
If in doubt, please contact our Customer Service team who will be more than happy to advise.
- Do not use this device on people with cardiac pacemakers, implanted defibrillators, or any other implanted electronic devices, as this may cause electrical interference.
- There is currently no clinical evidence to support the safety of using microcurrent technology with heart disease or heart conditions. Therefore, we do not recommend it.
- Do not use this device on infants or children.
- The safety of microcurrent therapy during pregnancy has not been established, therefore we do not recommend it.
- The safety of microcurrent therapy with cancer has not been established. We do not recommend it for people with suspected or diagnosed cancer of any type.
- Users with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy should follow precautions recommended by physicians.
- Do not use at the same time as a TENS machine.
- Do not strap your Arc4Health on or near an injury.
- Do not apply any creams or gels to the conductive pads. Only apply Arc conductive gel to the carbon rubber pads, if required.
- Do not apply therapy while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put the user at risk of injury.
- Arc4Health is in no way a substitute for advice from your medical professional.
- Always consult a medical expert on health conditions.
- Like any electrical device, do not use your Arc4Health in wet or damp conditions.
- Some people may, after prolonged use, develop a sensitivity reaction. This can manifest in a skin rash type condition. We recommend that the arm being used as well as the positioning of the device is alternated daily.
- Some people are, or can become, sensitised to conductive pads. In order to minimise the likelihood of any sensitisation, we recommend that the arm being used is alternated daily.
- Users should stop using the device and should contact the Arc4Health office if they experience any adverse reactions from the device.
Use Arc4Health only as directed
- Users with suspected or diagnosed heart disease should follow precautions recommended by their physicians.
- Apply therapy only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
- Use caution if microcurrent therapy is applied over areas of skin with hypersensitivity.
- Keep device out of reach of children
- Do not immerse any part of the unit in water.
- Use this device only with the leads, electrodes and accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Use of other parts or materials not supplied by the manufacturer will invalidate the warranty.
- Keep the device away from fireplaces or radiant heaters as the heat may affect the device.
- Use of microcurrent therapy may cause some dehydration. Please ensure you drink sufficient water and stay hydrated when using the Arc4Health device.
- Use of the Arc4Health is in addition to, and in no way a substitute for your normal, existing practice of seeking help, guidance and support from your GP, or other Clinical Practitioner.